- On Windows 7, open the Start Menu and navigate to "All Programs" > "Accessories" > "Remote Desktop Connection"
On Windows 8 or 8.1, open the Start Screen, click the Search icon in the upper-right corner and type "Remote Desktop Connection". Click the first item in the list
On Windows 10, open the Start Menu, click "All Apps", then navigate to "Windows Accessories" > "Remote Desktop Connection"
- Click the "Options" or "Show Options" dropdown button
- Click the "Advanced" tab, then the "Settings..." button in the "Connect from anywhere" section
- A new window will appear. Select "Use these RD Gateway server settings:" and enter the following:
- Server name: remote.business.uconn.edu
- Logon method: Allow me to select later
- Confirm that "Bypass RD Gateway server for local addresses" is checked
- Click "OK"
- Click the "General" tab
- Computer: enter the full computer name of your university computer
- User name: enter your School of Business username followed by "@business.uconn.edu"
- Click the "Connect" button
- You may be prompted for credentials to connect to the gateway as well as your computer
Enter your School of Business username followed by "@business.uconn.edu" and password if prompted
It may take a minute or two to connect, depending on your network settings
|Content by Label|